2019 8-Week Retreat – Audio Stream & Supporting Media
Participants in this year’s retreat by way of audio stream should also have learned and practiced the preliminary practices as taught by Sera Khandro in A Fine Path to Liberation(read short text) and decide for themselves whether they are prepared to engage in these practices as they relate to the teacher of this retreat, to their fellow retreatants, and to sentient beings at large. This is an indispensable prerequisite for participating in this retreat and should be taken very seriously.
In addition, you should be familiar with the foundational teachings and practices of shamatha, the four applications of mindfulness, and the four immeasurables, and relative and ultimate bodhicitta.
Such understanding and experience can be acquired by listening to, studying, and practicing any one of the following sets of teachings:
- The Spring 2012 retreat in Phuket on shamatha and the four immeasurables
- The Fall 2012 retreat on shamatha, vipashyana, and the four applications of mindfulness
- The Fall 2013 retreat on shamatha and the Bodhisattva way of life
- The Fall 2015 retreat on the stage of generation, shamatha, vipashyana, and Mahamudra
- The Spring 2016 retreat on shamatha, vipashyana, Mahamudra, and Dzogchen
- The Spring 2017 and 2018 8-week retreats (attended the retreat or participated in the audio stream)
- Participated or currently studying the Wisdom Online Course from the Spring 2017 8-week retreat (Restricted Dzogchen Part 1&2) and or the Spring 2018 8-week retreat (Restricted Dzogchen Part 3).
- Attended the Seven-Point Mind Training Meditation Retreat in Wales, UK in August 2018
Alternatively, applicants may listen to the following recordings of week-long retreats sponsored and available from the Santa Barbara Institute for Consciousness Studies
For the audio stream, it will be similar to the podcasts as in the past and the retreat participants will be able to access and download the recording.
Please do not share the recording with those who are not registered for the retreat. If anyone wants to access the recordings, please forward them to me and I will give them instructions on how to register.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.